The Chamber celebrated Manufacturing Day a few days early at the Industrial Appreciation Breakfast held on Wednesday, October 4. Over 160 industry representatives, community and elected leaders, as well as event sponsors attended the event to thank the manufacturing, distribution and industry service companies in Morristown and Hamblen County. Morristown Mayor Gary Chesney and Hamblen County Mayor Bill Brittain both expressed their appreciation to the industries for their contribution to the success of the local economy. R. Jack Fishman then conveyed his gratitude for the industrial presence in our community. He announced that reported capital investment in land, buildings and equipment by existing industry operations totaled nearly $62 million in the last year, creating nearly 400 new jobs. He also recognized those companies celebrating a significant anniversary.
Those companies recognized during the program were:
- Acme Printing Company Clean Sheets Mfg.
- Colortech, Inc. Fabritech Manufacturing, LLC
- Frosty’s Park Equipment General Electric
- Hayter Printing & Die Cutting Holtex Processing
- Iconex International Paper
- JTEKT Automotive Kawasaki Tennessee, Inc.
- Koch Foods Lakeway Container, Inc.
- Lear Corporation MAHLE Engine Components USA, Inc.
- Orbit Industries, Inc. OTICS USA, Inc.
- Precision Boilers, Inc. Precision Ladders, LLC
- Rich Products Corporation San-Ei Seiko America, Inc.
- Sonoco Flexible Packaging Stapleco, Inc.
- Stewart Lumber Company Stock Yard Supply Company, Inc.
- Team Technologies, Inc. Tuff Torq Corporation
- Volunteer Blind Industries Waltech Engineered Components
Special thanks to the following sponsors who made this year’s event possible:
Major Sponsors: AccuForce HR Solutions, C & C Millwright Maintenance Co., Inc., Cherokee Millwright, Citizens Bank, Express Employment Professionals, First Tennessee Bank, Hale Construction, Heartland Title Services, Home Trust Bank, Merrill Lynch, Morristown Utility Systems/FiberNet, ORNL Federal Credit Union, Strate Insurance Group, SunTrust Bank, and Wimberly, Lawson, Wright, Davies & Jones PLLC. Corporate Sponsors: Andrew Johnson Bank,
@Work Personnel, Burke Ailey Construction Co., Barge, Waggoner, Sumner & Cannon, CBIZ
Benefits & Insurance Services of East Tennessee, Citizen Tribune, Craine, Thompson & Jones, Design Innovation Architects, Holiday Inn Express, Holston Gases, LeBel Commercial Realty, Michael Brady Inc., Resource MFG, TVA and WorkNow!, Inc.