As the hub of East Tennessee, Morristown serves as a major transportation and distribution center.
Interstates & Highways
Traveling on excellent roads leading in every direction, a driver can reach more than 70% of the nation’s population within a day’s drive.
- Located 8 miles from the intersection of Interstates 40 and 81
- Easy access to Interstate 75
- Located at the crossroads of two U.S. 4-lane highways – 25E and 11E
- Major State Highways include SR 66, SR 160 and SR 342
Maps (Click to Enlarge)
Morristown Regional Airport, a general aviation facility, located in Morristown serves the immediate area.
- 5,700 foot long runway (100 feet wide)
- Attendants on-site daylight to dark
- Aviation gas & Jet-fuel facilities available
- Non-precision approach systems
- Located adjacent to the Morristown Airport Industrial District
- Air service providers in the Lakeway Region include Morristown Air Service, Kalitta Air and Alpha Aviation
McGhee-Tyson Airport, located just south of Knoxville, is approximately a one-hour drive from Morristown.
- Offers commercial airline service, air cargo service, military aviation and general aviation
- 8 major airlines serve 19 non-stop destinations
- Approximately 120 daily arrivals & departures
Tri-Cities Regional Airport, located in Northeast Tennessee, is about one hour’s drive north of Morristown.
- Offers commercial airline service, air cargo service and general aviation
- 4 airlines offer non-stop service to 6 destinations
- Approximately 30 daily arrivals & departures
Excellent rail transportation helped Morristown grow and continues to help it prosper. Rail service for freight is provided by Norfolk Southern Railway Co.